Saturday, May 8, 2010

Speaker Spotlight: Nicole Hamory


I first met Nicole as my daughter's yoga instructor. For a while I had been trying to get my 13 year old to do yoga with me, but to no avail...it (or I) just wasn't "cool" enough for her or something. And then she decided to do a class. Every week she'd come home from class with a new found respect of her body, how it operates and insight into deeper spiritual topics. Nicole was an answer to my prayers! I thought, "Now if she can make a 13 year old get really into yoga, she must posses some sort of magic!

Before becoming the
co-founder and Program Director of GreenTREE Yoga of Utah, and co-author of Yoga for Kids to Teens (Sunstone Press), Nicole was an elite rowing athlete. The sport was very hard on her body, and she found healing through yoga. Nicole shares her passions nationally as a retreat facilitator/educator with Women Beyond Cancer. She is also a rowing coach for Utah Crew and Huntsman Cancer Institute Wellness Programs.

After you refresh your body and mind, you can indulge your sweet tooth with Nicole's two classes:

Yoga
Healthy Chocolate (which you can eat at! YUM!)

See you there!



No comments:

Post a Comment